Lotto Numbers:
Date: April 1, 2024

Club History

Dungarvan GAA Club was affiliated to the Gaelic Athletic Association on June the 1st 1885. Much of the early years concentrated on the organisation of sports meetings spearheaded by the famous Dan Fraher who had rented and later bought land in the Shandon area of the town, at the venue now known as Fraher Field.

The club survived the early turbulent years in the history of the Country and early successes included  the senior double in 1908 and again in 1926, the latter  marking the first of five senior football title wins in a row. We completed a four in a row in senior football between 1945 and 1948, and a three in a row three from 1990 to 1992.The senior hurling championship has been won seven times, the last one in 1941 while we last reached the final 2012.

In 1983 and 1984 we won the minor double and likewise in 2005, 2006 and 2007 we won the under 12 double. The club captured the county Feile titles in both hurling and football in 2008 and went on to win the Division 5 All Ireland Feile Football title in Cavan.

The club’s history book… ”Ag Feachaint Siar” was published in 2017 covering the years from our beginnings in 1885 and it is currently available by contacting 087 7657805.





Club Shop

Book A Pitch

Club facilities can now be booked through You can book the meeting room, both pitches and the astro turf pitch.

Web: | Call 0873422144

Web: | Call 0873422144

About Dungarvan GAA Club

Dungarvan GAA Club was affiliated to the Gaelic Athletic Association on June the 1st 1885 - the first club in Waterford to do so.

Website by: Déise Design

Contact Information

Dungarvan GAA Club
Dungarvan, Co. Waterford,

Phone: (087)7977272


Website Sponsored by